Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
We are searching for a Process Engineer for our Nuclear Fuel Services facilty in Erwin, TN.
Evaluates situations, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgement in making minor modifications. Assignments have a clear objective and require planning and investigation of limited number of possibilities. Work is reviewed for application of sound judgement and compliance with contract technical requirements and meeting of Division policies and procedures. Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions. Assistance is furnished on unusual problems and work is reviewed for application of sound professional judgment.
1. Performs work which involves conventional types of plans investigations, structures or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
2. Performs equipment design and development test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific narrow area of assignments.
3. Prepare written reports, drawings/sketches, technical documents (Approval Requests, Requests for Engineering Change, etc.), compliance reviews, monitor contract performance to quality and schedules, develop computer systems, technical requirements and review hardware for product release of manufacturing.
4. Designs and conducts tests or experiments, adjust and correlate data, organize and plan own work.
5. Applies understanding of manufacturing technology, technical process specifications, Engineering policies and procedures, QC procedures, department goals and other department and customer needs and roles.
6. Develops ability to interpret technical specifications, conduct meetings, deal with customer, vendor, and other department representative, prepare time and cost estimates.
Educational Requirements: BS Degree in Engineering, Metallurgy, or Physics.
Experience Requirements: Two (2) years engineering experience since BS (1 year with MS).
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Materials Science, Metallurgy, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Science, Engineering, Manufacturing
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)