Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Waste Programs Manager - Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
The Waste Program Manager has responsibility to develop and manage Waste Programs to provid adequate, effective, and auditable systems to assure plant wastes are properly identified, characterized, measured, segregated, packaged, shipped, and dispositioned in a cost-effective manner and in compliance with applicable regulations and facility waste acceptance criteria.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and manage the waste characterization program to include the identification of methods and establishment of procedures to accurately determine the physical, chemical, and radiological properties of plant wastes.
2. Establish and document standard sampling, provide analyses, and measurement programs for plant radiological hazardous wastes. Provide oversight of the implementation to assure program requirements are met.
3. Prepare and maintain oversight of the waste management and certification program.
4. Prepare, revise, and maintain waste stream profiles and support documentation as required by the applicable treatment or disposal facility.
5. Coordinate a system of self-assessments, surveillance, and audits to assure the quality of transportation and waste management programs is sufficient to accomplish desired results.
6. Develop and manage a system for control of decommissioning and operational processes generating radioactive and hazardous waste through procedural and conformance reviews.
7. Manage the technical aspect of procurement and maintenance subcontracts for waste analyses, packaging, treatment, transportation, and disposal.
8. Coordinate and assist in the development of employee training programs applicable to waste operations and waste management.
9. Coordinate with operations and support departments to minimize and cost-effectively manage plant wastes.
B.S. in Science or Environmental area
Six to eight years experience. Position requires managerial experience, adequate knowledge and ability to design systems and methods for control and certification of plant wastes.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Manager, Security Clearance, Nuclear, QA, Quality Assurance, Management, Government, Energy, Quality, Technology
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)