Genesis Technical Staffing is seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer, PE for an in-plant position in Kingsport, TN. Background should be in chemical, oil & gas or petro-chem related work.
Jr and Mid Level engineers encouraged to apply as well as 10-20 yr. professionals.
Scope of Position:
- Plans, organizes and supervises design engineering activities within the E & I Engineering Department.
- Acts as staff specialist or lead electrical engineer for one or more major projects.
- Ensures compliance with quality standards and client requirements for process plants.
- Periodic evaluation of work done by less experienced engineers is required.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of Project Management requirements, including staffing and scheduling.
- Acts as administrative and technical authority to E&I team.
- Has supervisory or administrative responsibilities at the department level independent of project responsibilities.
- Responsible for the evaluation and review required for hiring personnel.
- Requires a 4-year degree of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Science with related Engineering major.
Qualifications / Required Experience:
- Prefer a minimum of 7 years’ experience in electrical engineering or related functional area (or equivalent working knowledge/experience) and a maximum of 25.
- Registration as a licensed professional engineer is required.
- Must be fully competent in performing all conventional aspects of Electrical Engineering and application of independent judgment for the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering criteria, methods and procedures.
- Must be cognizant of the capabilities and limitations of various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment to effectively direct their use for diverse engineering assignments.
- Candidate must have a background in specialty chemical experience
- Candidate must be capable of working multiple projects at different phases of development at one time, OT may be required on occasions
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills both- written and verbal.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, client focused, team player, and committed to technical excellence
- Critical thinking skills for problem solving, follow through
Genesis is one of the premier staffing companies on the Gulf Coast with positions across the US- let us introduce you to our premium clients.
Location/Region: Kingsport, TN (US)