Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Erwin, TN!
- Lead Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) administration activities (grievance administration, arbitration administration and strategy, contract compliance).
- Equip first-line leaders and management staff to effectively operate within their roles relative to CBA administration.
- Effectively investigate and resolve employee relations matters as they arise.
- Assisting management in Talent Management and Development activities.
- Assisting with the development of HR policies, procedures and programs specific to the facility.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business or HR related field is required with at least five years of related experience. An HR Professional with 8-10 years of related experience is highly desired.
- Prior experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations with a preference for work in manufacturing or other complex business environments is preferred.
- Experience in talent development is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently, is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance is required.
- US citizenship (with no dual citizenship) is required.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
HR, Law, HR Generalist, Security Clearance, Nuclear, Human Resources, Legal, Government, Energy
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)