Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Technical Security Program Specialist - Nuclear Fuel Services (BWXT) - Erwin, TN
Develop, implement, and maintain Department of Energy, Department of Defense, and Nuclear Regulatory
Commission programs including computer security, classification administration, communications security and personnel clearances, in compliance with applicable DOE Orders and Naval Reactor directives and policy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. This position will be responsible for implementation of DOE Order 470.6, Communications Security
which includes the following elements of the DOE Technical Security Program: TEMPEST, Protected
Distribution Systems, Wireless Security, Technical Surveillance Countermeasures and Communications
2. This individual will be DOE TEMPEST trained and certified in order to satisfy National Policy
3. This individual manages the operational activities of the TEMPEST program at NFS to include:
TEMPEST assessments and reviews, Instrument testing, TEMPEST countermeasure implementation,
evaluation of TEMPEST plans and determination continued effectiveness of TEMPEST countermeasures
4. This individual will be DOE TEMPEST trained and certified in order to satisfy National Policy
5. Evaluates all classified information processing systems and areas to determine what, if any, TEMPEST
countermeasures are necessary.
6. Performs TEMPEST threat and vulnerability analysis, as required.
7. Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of DOE security policies and procedures.
8. Conducts DOE mandated self-assessments, defined in the NFS Safeguards and Security Manual.
- 4 year degree preferred
- Equivalent experience acceptable - 2 years of specific experience will be accepted for each year of college (i.e. 8 years experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in dealing with DOE, NRC, DOD or other regulatory agency requirements.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications. Authorized Derivative Classifier, preferred. COMESC trained, preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Network, Law, Security Clearance, Nuclear, Security, Technology, Legal, Government, Energy
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)