Environment and Scope of the Position: (For example, number of direct reports, sales revenue, responsibility, etc.)
Will assist the Assertive Community Treatment Team. Responsible for organizing, coordinating, and monitoring all non-clinical operations of ACTT, including managing medical records; coordination of mental health authorizations; maintaining authorization grids and dates of when pcp’s and pcp updates are due; and screening of potential clients. Will assist team with follow up duties for clients as well as making client phone contacts or face to face as needed.
1. Managing mental health medical records
c. Discharge paperwork
2. Maintaining tracking systems and monitor documentation coordination of mental health services
b. PCP updates
c. NC Topps
d. Chart Audits
e. Client visit templates (monthly)
f. Keep team leader informed of delinquencies and trends
g. Call clients with doctor appointments
3. Responsible for all mental health forms availability if needed
a. Keep workrooms stocked with forms
b. Make packets for intakes as needed
c. New forms replacing old forms
4. Serve on agency CQI teams as specified
a. Serve on a specific team.
b. Assist the team with making phone contacts to current clients and providing follow up where needed.
5. Assists with the program’s compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws
6. Assists with program’s compliance with written policies and procedures
7. Shares duties for phone coverage for front desk lunch, holiday and/or vacation coverage when in the Asheville office.
Profile: (Knowledge/Professional/Technical Competencies)
High School Diploma or GED. Prefer an Associates of Bachelor’s Degree in a Human services discipline.
Prefer one year experience working with people in the mental health field.
Preferred Job-related Behavioral Characteristics:
1. High moral and ethical values.
2. Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
3. Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team.
4. Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries.
5. At least 18 years of age, have 3 references (at least one written reference)
6. Maturity of behavior and judgment.
Other (language, level of computer skills, etc.)
Ability to use Electronic Medical Records, telephone, computer, fax, copier, scanner and cell phone.
October Road, Inc.
Founded in 2006 in response to a growing need for high-quality, consumer-driven recovery services, October Road provides mental health and substance abuse treatment for adults in five counties surrounding the Asheville, NC area.
October Road treatment philosophy focuses on integrated care models, recovery-oriented systems of care, and proven, evidence-based treatment, as well as a strong belief in the potential for people to grow and create positive change in their lives.