If you have technical skills and excellent interpersonal and communication capabilities this may be your new career at AAM. The Automotive Aftermarket Marketing Group is a rapidly growing technology and marketing company serving the automotive aftermarket (SEMA market) from our offices in Northeast Tennessee.
Job Description Summary: AAM’s Software Customer Support role will support the development and use of software and digital services. You will work alongside AAM’s team of programmers, testing various software code as it is written. You will create and maintain the test plan and test suite of deliberate and specific tests for the project. Your job will be to “break” or identify non-working elements of the website software with a goal to make sure that each piece of the software works correctly and provides an excellent customer experience. You must use your understanding of computer functionality and websites to be able to identify any problem or shortcomings of users’ experiences and articulate the results back to the programmers. You must be able to clearly communicate the issue and the expected outcome. You will be responsible for rigorously following AAM’s testing plan.
Once software updates and services are launched, you will be the primary contact for help tickets, support requests, and other customer interactions. When a problem is found, you will see that it is well understood, documented, and communicated to the development team. You will troubleshoot and work with our team to resolve client issues. You will follow up to verify the new programming meets the needs of our customers.
Finally, as AAM grows its service offerings and adds new client types, you will serve as the primary contact for customers and potential customers as they discover, onboard, and utilize our services.
· Excellent computer skills are required. Programming skills or knowledge would be especially useful.
· You must be articulate and possess written and verbal communications skills.
· You must enjoy communicating with all types of people and be comfortable making outbound calls to train, inform, and support our customers and users.
· You must be able to function and communicate within a technical organization.
· A “customer driven” service mentality is required.
· You must take pride in paying attention to the details. Rigorous follow through and focus are required.
· You must be able to clearly understand the purpose of each software component and be able to evaluate it from the customer’s perspective.
· You must have problem solving mentality and the ability to weigh the priorities of various work demands.
· Equivalent work experience is a plus.
· You must be focused and self-motivated.
· You must work from our Piney Flats office. No remote work offered.
AAM is a stable and growing 30-year-old company with opportunities for personal growth. We provide excellent benefits including a generous 401K, health, life, and disability insurance, and offer competitive base salaries. Our team members enjoy working together, have fun, and are a family-like team committed to constantly getting better at what we do.
Automotive Accessory Marketing is the largest marketing and purchasing group serving the SEMA (specialty equipment/automotive accessories) marketplace. Founded in 1988, we serve 28 warehouse distributors and over 17,000 retail outlets across North America. We operate marketing programs supporting the brick-and-mortar commerce of truck accessories and performance parts. While our support is for traditional channels of commerce, we are very involved in digital and data driven marketing. We lead our industry in innovation and technology deployments.