Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
To supervise Maintenance Mechanics on his/her assigned shift so that continuity of production may be maintained in a safe and efficient manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise maintenance mechanics.
2. Assignment of tasks to individual hourly Maintenance Mechanics and subsequent follow up.
3. Coordinate with production shift foreman to insure timeliness of repair and safety of all personnel involved.
4. Evaluate the Maintenance Mechanics’ workmanship, attendance record, safety attitude, and take action as necessary to correct poor practices.
5. Provide mechanics with the proper tools and safety equipment for specific jobs.
6. Requisition needed parts or materials from Warehouse or Maintenance stock.
7. Maintain time records on hourly employees.
8. Train both new and experienced employees in various phases of Maintenance.
9. Personal check of individual jobs when completed to insure adequacy and completeness of assignment.
10. Receive instructions from the shift foreman on preceding shift and pass on instructions to the shift foreman on succeeding shift.
11. Troubleshoot and evaluate maintenance repair work.
12. Coordinate with Engineering to refine job design and insure maintainability of equipment.
13. Coordinate with support groups, as necessary, to provide effective maintenance service.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma
Experience Requirements: Six (6) to eight (8) years experience is required. Two (2) to four (4) years experience on chemical processing equipment.
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Maintenance, Manager, Warehouse, Engineer, Security Clearance, Manufacturing, Management, Engineering, Government
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)