ESSENTIAL Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain all aspects of sales procedures related to selling of Material Handling Equipment (MHE), including but not limited to:
a) Review, approve, and enter all vendor invoices related to MHE
b) Verify MHE delivery and invoice customer
c) Maintain sales records via excel spreadsheets
d) Assist Sales Engineer with paperwork, collection of payment, and special billings
e) Mail and/or e-mail correspondence/invoicing to various customers
f) Problem solving
g) Assist in paperwork flow for MHE delivery and sales
h) Ordering and maintaining office and building supplies
i) Lease contracts including required government documents
j) Completing and ordering of data tags for MHE
k) Possibility of travel to other regions for meetings
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to the forces around him/her—customers, suppliers, co-workers, managers, and other vendors.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience in telecommunications preferred, but not required
- Ability to handle conflict
- Willingness to adapt, learn, and take direction
- Ability to maintain a positive presence in the workplace
- Good, safe work habits
License(s) or Certification(s) Required:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions of essential duties:
Daily Caution Zones: Total 4 or more hours per day
Highly Repetitive Motion
· Keying data is repetitive motion and is frequently required keyboard, keypad, and/or mouse
· Exerting up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force to carry boxes of supplies/copy and/or computer
· Stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, and walking are occasionally required.
· Most of the work is done in a seated position
· The worker is occasionally subject to noise and to temperature effects when walking through the shop
· The worker must be aware of all necessary PPE and active work zones while walking through the shop
The Bailey Company, Inc. is one of the nation's largest forklift truck dealerships. Since our founding in 1949, we have been a family-owned business dedicated to selling, leasing, renting, servicing, and providing parts for forklift trucks in Tennessee, Georgia, and Kentucky. We offer forklifts and other material handling equipment from Caterpillar, Crown, Mitsubishi, and Jungheinrich, as well as the full line of Solideal USA Tires. We are proud of our longstanding reputation for taking care of customer needs quickly, effectively and economically.
The average Bailey Company employee has been with the company for 13 years, which is extraordinarily high for our industry. We seek out people who are interested in being true team players and are willing to help out co-workers when needed.