Our mission at Elmcroft Senior Living is a dedication to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us by responding to their unique needs and universal desire for dignity and respect.Our values are grounded in respect, creativity, humility, accountability, compassion and kindness, integrity, and the passionate pursuit of excellence.If you believe in this mission and honor our values, please consider joining our team.
Elmcroft is looking fora Resident Assistant
for our assisted livingcommunity toprovide personal care for Residents under direction of nursing staff. Responsibilities: This position:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Verifies identity of Resident receiving medication, checks the MAR to assure correct medication is being given, and records time of administration or self-administration on specified forms or records. (Determined by community policy and State regulations).
- Supervises the self-administration of medications by presenting medication to Resident and observing ingestion or other application, or administers medication to assure all medication is being taken as directed. (Determined by community policy or State regulations).
- Obtains and records Resident’s vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates), weight, food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Observes Resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Answers Residents’ call signals to determine Residents’ needs in 7 minutes or less according to Elmcroft Standards.
- Encourages Residents to do things for themselves to retain feelings of independence and self-esteem. Maintains dignity of resident in all instances.
- Maintains safety of residents by removing items from their path in their room, encouraging them to use ambulatory devices as needed, provide security when bathing, dressing and walking as necessary.
- Observes Resident privacy by knocking on doors before entering, assuring privacy during baths or bathroom time, and while dressing and undressing.
- Assures resident hygiene by following bath schedule, and providing baths and/or sponge baths at all other times as is necessary to keep the resident clean and odor-free.
- Assists resident with dressing as needed and assigned, so that resident will be dressed for season and time of day.
- Assists resident with toileting as needed and assigned, so that resident will maintain good toileting habits and continence when possible.
- Assists residents with ambulation as needed and assigned so that residents can move safely through the building.
- Assists residents with transferring as needed and assigned so that residents remain safe when transferring.
- Provide verbal reminders to residents as needed when it is time for meals, activities, bedtime, etc.
- Observes resident for change in condition and report any unusual occurrence to theResident ServicesDirector and/or supervisor in charge.
- Completes incident report in its entirety for any unusual occurrence, event, or change in condition including only information pertinent to the incident (no elaboration).
- Helps keep clothes clean by assisting resident in sorting clean and dirty clothing, check closets periodically for soiled clothing. Assure clean clothes are hung neatly in closet.
- Launders clothes according to manufacturer’s suggestions and return to resident rooms, hang neatly in closet or fold in drawers.
- Assists with meal service by setting tables, serving residents, providing necessary refills or seconds, and removing dishes as residents are finished eating. Bus tables after meals to assist in cleaning the dining room. Vacuum room as assigned.
- Provides miscellaneous assistance to resident such as helping reach something, find a lost item, redirection as needed, and so forth.
- Provides daily assistance in addition to the housekeeper in keeping resident rooms and common areas clean and clutter-free. Make resident beds, empty trash containers, and pick up clutter.
- Cleans common areas as assigned and appropriate to shift.
- Completes daily paperwork as required to assure all assigned duties are being performed for each resident.
- Escorts or encourages residents to attend activities to assure each resident has ample opportunity to participate in activities of choice.
- Maintains regular, punctual attendance as scheduled to assure no shift is short of caregivers to care for the residents.
- Stays awake at all times during shift.
- Attends all scheduled in-services.
- Assists in training new employees as assigned.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
Qualifications: High School or GED preferred, three to six months related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.