Barrette Outdoor Living, the nation’s leader in PVC & Wood Fencing and Outdoor Rail design, manufacturing and sales, is one of the fastest growing companies in northeast Tennessee. We employ over 1,000 people nationwide, 650 people in TN. We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Provides technical expertise in the areas of design, development, testing and layout for new and existing equipment or processes.
• Understand and improve production processes
• Responsible for designing new equipment for Bulls Gap facility.
• Conception and design of production equipment for different areas of Bulls Gap facility.
• Analyze and determine needs (rates, productivity, quality, etc..) and translate those needs in functional designs and processes
• Produce all engineering calculations related to the project (stress, strength, material and components selection, etc…)
• Work closely with other department to determine equipment specifics automation, production, quality, etc…) to ensure a safe, high quality and efficient production environment
• Present layout and all needed conceptual assembly drawings for project approval.
• Produce all detail drawings for construction using AutoCAD or SolidWorks software’s.
• Supervise construction, installation and start-up of the designed equipment.
• Design equipment according to Codes (safety, ANSI, ISO) and established standard within organization.
• Prepare operation and maintenance manuals.
• Able to learn, understand and support Lean principles.
• Performs other duties as required / necessary.
Specialized Training, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Mechanical Engineering
• 2-5 years pertinent experience in machine or equipment design
• Experience in industrial plant
• Ability to complete assigned projects and other duties in highly analytical, detailed and precise manner
• Knowledge in up to date mechanical components including pneumatic and hydraulic.
• Team work· Interpersonal skills working with peers and management.
• Be self-motivated and be safety conscious
• Aware of cost effectiveness
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
• Factory environment with noise from manufacturing processes.
• Exposure to moving equipment, parts, and electric shock. Possible serious injury due to carelessness around equipment.
• On occasion lifts, carries, or moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds, daily up to 25 pounds.
Barrette Outdoor Living is striving to be the Employer of Choice in the 9-county Lakeway area. We offer a good working environment, open communications, competitive pay and benefits, 401(k) plan with company match, annual performance-based pay reviews, and much more.
Qualified candidates may apply in person or send resumes by mail to HR Dept., Barrette Outdoor Living, 740 North Main St., Bulls Gap, TN 37711, fax: 423-235-9952, phone: 423-601-7300. Email to Pam.Sandidge@ebarrette.com. Please specify the position you are applying for. We are an EEO employer.