Classic Industrial Services, Inc - Baton Rouge, LA
Reports to: Foreman
Management Role: Non-Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt – Hourly, Prevailing Wage
Pay Rate depending on experience
Per Diem offered 40 miles outside of approved resident address from Job Site
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Hang, tape, float drywall, and blend texture with existing textures
- Apply drywall to walls or ceilings.
- Reads blueprints and other specifications to determine method of installation, work procedures, and material and tool requirements.
- Fasten drywall panels to the inside framework of building.
- Measure, cut, fit, and fasten panels.
- Cuts openings into board for electrical outlets, windows, vents, or fixtures, using keyhole saw or other cutting tools.
- Prepare panels for painting by taping or finishing joints.
- Smooth out imperfections.
- Trims rough edges from panels to maintain even joints, using knife.
- Screw panels to wood or metal framework.
- Use a lift to place ceiling panels.
- Press paper tape into compound.
- Fill joints in-between panels with spackle.
- Cover nail and screw depressions with spackle.
- Use trowels to spread spackle.
- Apply coats of compound.
- Sand areas after each coat.
- Complete paperwork and other documents as required
- Works with Safety as #1 priority on the job site 100%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 3years recent experience doing drywall
- Must be able to blend different drywall finishes in a quality manner
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and very strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to climb stairs, walk to work area, and visually inspect and identify quality work
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license as driving for business is required
- Must be reliable, dependable and drug free
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Employment is contingent on passing a drug test and BACKGROUND WITH NO FELONIES
Contact: 225-756-4450 for application and additional details
Location/Region: Kingsport, TN