General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelines.
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on May 1. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth.
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team.
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/Vice President/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Complies with OSHA and TOSHA requirements and regulations
- Assists with human simulators including setting up software and learning materials; setting up the learning modules; and any additional training.
- Assures equipment and supplies are available in the Nursing Skills Laboratories.
- Inventories all lab supplies at the end of each semester and reports to the Director of Nursing supplies needing to be reordered to meet the curricular needs of students.
- Updates the Lab Manual after inventory as well as when stocking orders.
- Assembles and disassembles demonstration items needed for faculty and students prior to scheduled lab instruction time.
- Organizes, cleans, and maintains nursing skills labs.
- Meets a minimum of two times a semester with Nursing Faculty utilizing the lab to identify future or needed supplies to advance and promote student learning.
- Establishes communication with the Nursing Faculty for routine cleaning of the lab.
- Assures safety of equipment by storing equipment in locked cabinets at the end of each skills session.
- Assists the Director of Nursing and Nursing Faculty with identifying required supplies for student clinical bags annually.
- Updates Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Position
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education - BSN degree from a regionally accredited institution required
- Licensure - Must possess a current and valid Tennessee or compact state license as a registered nurse.
- Experience - Two years practice experience in nursing required. Past teaching experience preferred. Displays current clinical competency and up-to-date nursing skill sets.
- Technology Skills: MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Access; digital records management systems; general operating systems and data information systems
- Displays professionalism.
- Possesses the willingness to remain flexible.
- Exhibits dependability.
- Displays positive attitude.
- Employs ethics in all actions and decisions.
- Exhibits excellent written, oral communication, and organizational skills.
- Displays the ability to work effectively with students, colleagues, staff and administration to advance the mission of the institution.
- Exhibits the ability to work with adult learners.
- Displays attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Employs time management skills.
Compensation: $20 per hour
Contract Type: Part-Time Temporary
Location of Position: NeSCC Kingsport - Regional Center for Health Professions,
300 W. Main St.
Kingsport, Tennessee, 37660
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req195
TO APPLY: Part-time BSN Lab Assistant
Location/Region: Kingsport, TN (US - 37660)