Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWX Technologies is seeking an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for our Erwin, TN location!
The Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) will be responsible for administering the Cyber Security program at NFS, certification authority for all information system accreditations, and implementing all Cyber Security programs necessary to support U.S. Government regulatory requirements, (DOE/NNSA, NRC, etc.). The candidate will report directly to the Sr. IT Manager, Cyber Security and will be responsible for the following scope of work duties:
- Oversight of the tasks performed by NFS personnel supporting Cyber Security requirements on BWXT information systems
- Organizing and leading cross-functional teams to plan and implement Cyber Security initiatives at NFS
- Maintains record copies of the Cyber Security Program Plan (CSPP) and ensures that a record copy of each System Security Plan (SSP) is maintained.
- Ensures each Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and system administrator is aware of and fulfills his/her Cyber Security duties.
- Ensures the development, documentation and presentation of Cyber Security education, awareness, and training activities for management, Cyber Security personnel, application owner, data steward, and users.
- Establishes, documents, and monitors the Cyber Security program implementation and ensures compliance with the applicable organization policies and Government regulations. Upon completion of each assessment or review, the ISSM must ensure that a corrective action plan is prepared and implemented for all findings or vulnerabilities.
- Identifies and documents specific threats to information systems and information at the Site, develops and documents additional or modified protection measures for those threats, and obtains approvals for the modified protection measures from the cognizant Authorizing Official.
- Ensures the CSPP is coordinated with other Site Plans/Programs.
- Ensures the development of procedures to implement the Cyber Security program on all information systems.
- Certifies to the cognizant Government official that the protection requirements described in the SSP for each information system have been implemented and are operational.
- Ensures that the cognizant Government official is notified when the information system is no longer needed or when changes occur that might affect the accreditation of the information system.
- Ensures the development, documentation, and presentation of Cyber Security training for escorts in information systems operational areas.
- Ensures that each information system user acknowledges, in writing or electronically his/her responsibility for the security of information systems and information;
- Implements and maintains a Cyber Security self-assessment program, identifies corrective actions resulting from the self-assessments, and reports on the program status.
- Leads the NFS Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) and communicates incident reports to the appropriate organization and Government authorities.
- Participating in system design specification development with information system owners and subject matter experts to develop creative security systems to solve business problems while meeting site security requirements.
- Work directly with the NFS management staff and NFS IT staff to ensure the NFS Cyber Security strategy is aligned and supports the operating unit and service center goals.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to lead cross-functional project teams
- Must have experience at directing the work of other skilled employees
- Must have a working knowledge of system functions, Cyber Security policies, and Cyber Security protection requirements
- Must have excellent communications skills in order to effectively interact with business, Information Technology personnel, and Government agencies
- Must currently hold the CISSP or GSLC certification
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive information.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Information Technology, IT Manager, Information Systems, Corporate Security, Technology, Security
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)