Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWX Technologies is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for our Erwin, TN location!
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) will be responsible for ensuring development and proper implementation of the security controls documented in the Information Systems Security Plan (ISSP) for all information systems for which the ISSO is responsible at Nuclear Fuel Services (NFS), including sensitive unclassified networks and National Security Systems supporting business, special purpose, and security functions. The ISSO provides certification documentation to the NFS Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for all information system accreditations and performs other duties as required to implement the Cyber Security programs necessary to support U.S. Government regulatory requirements, (DOE/NNSA, NRC, etc.). The candidate will be responsible for the following scope of work duties:
- Ensures implementation of protection measures documented in the SSP for each information system for which they are the ISSO.
- Maintain the SSP and associated artifacts, including risk assessments, Privacy Impact Assessments, vulnerability assessments, Plans of Action and Milestones POA&Ms, etc.
- Ensures that security controls for information system resources are based on the least privilege principle and develops alternative solutions to mitigate risk when the most desirable security controls cannot be fully implemented.
- Identifies, in coordination with the ISSM, and documents in the SSP, unique threats to information systems for which they are responsible.
- Provides technical assistance with the initial set-up, secure deployment, and proper management of systems that support information security including virus detection, application whitelisting, centralized logging, data loss prevention, and intrusion detection systems.
- Performs risk assessments and tests of new technology platforms and leads the implementation of standard security configurations, ex: DISA STIG, CIS Benchmarks, etc., prior to production deployment.
- Utilizes vulnerability assessment software and related tools to immediately highlight errors in systems configuration, the need for the update of software with fixes and patches, and other security related changes.
- Ensures the implementation of procedures as defined in the Cyber Security Program Plan CSPP and the SSP for each information system for which they are the ISSO.
- Serves as an active member of the Cyber Security Incident Response Team CSIRT and participates in security incident response efforts by directing first responders to triage an event and performing advanced response actions for escalated events.
- Ensures that information access controls and cyber protection measures are implemented for each information system as described by the SSP.
- Ensures that users and System Administrators are properly trained in information system security by identifying cyber security training needs and the personnel who need to attend the cyber security training program.
- Supports awareness training of the workforce on information security standards, policies, and best practices.
- Conducts cyber security reviews and tests to ensure that cyber security features and controls are functioning and effective.
- Performs administration of the centralized logging platform, develops custom dashboards to monitor security status of the environment, and produces periodic reports of key performance indicators and key risk indicators to support Cyber Security metrics at the executive and operational levels
- Redesigns and reengineers internal information handling processes so that information is appropriately protected from a wide variety of problems including unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized use, inappropriate modification, premature deletion, and unavailability
- Develops technical documentation describing the deployment, configuration, and management of shared, networked, and multi-user information security systems
- Regularly attends conferences, professional association meetings, and technical symposia to remain aware of the latest information security technological developments
- A Bachelors degree in a related Information Technology field along with 5 years of related experience is required.
- Prior relevant experience will include performing risk assessments, developing security plans, implementing DISA STIGs, and developing Standard Security Configuration Guides or similar technical products.
- Candidate must have advanced technical skills and experience with the following: Splunk administration, network intrusion detection system (IDS) administration, Active Directory and Group Policy Objects, Anti-virus administration consoles, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Linux operating systems and advanced cyber security toolkits, malware analysis, penetration testing, and digital forensics tools. Must have an understanding of open-source and other tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
- Must have a working knowledge of system functions, cyber security policies, and cyber security protection requirements.
- Must have excellent communications skills, especially technical report writing; candidates are encouraged to submit a sample of a technical report authored by the candidate.
- Must have one or more of the following certifications: GSEC, CEH, CISSP, CISA, GCIH, OSCP.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive information.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Information Systems, Law, Corporate Security, Security Clearance, Technology, Legal, Security, Government
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)