Proven. Partner. Focus
Piney Flats, Tennessee
How would you like to work for a growing company that has exciting growth prospects and core values?
Microporous is a leading manufacturer and developer of high-performance rubber, polyethylene (PE) and hybrid battery separators for flooded lead-acid batteries. Separators are a highly engineered,
Mission critical component of lead-acid batteries. We introduced the first rubber battery separator in 1934 and throughout our history have continued to develop new products. Today we offer a broad line of separators that are recognized as valued products in deep cycle, stationary, motive power and automotive batteries. Our separators are used by battery manufacturers for applications in golf cars, forklifts, standby power, renewable energy storage, SLI (Starting, Lighting, and Ignition) and newly developing automotive applications. We supply an extensive customer base located across 23 countries and five continents.
Our Mission: Grow with our customers and gain market shares. Be a key contributor to further enhancement of lead-acid batteries. Be the most efficient and highest quality separator producer in every region where we operate.
Our Vision: Be recognized as the leading and preferred battery separator producer in the world.
We obsess over customers, not competitors
We strive for effectiveness
We believe in simplicity and accountability
We are transparent and communicate effectively
We encourage creativity and initiative
We are as focused on our metrics as on our mission
We recognize and reward everyone fairly
We have an immediate opening in our Piney Flats facility for a Quality Manager working in our Operations reporting to the Site Manager.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Service of the Management System according to ISO 9001:2015
• Responsible for the management system documentation (Processes, user guides, templates)
• Advising all departments in quality issues and QM system
• Manage the Quality Assurance (Product Audit) and Lab Services (Analytical Lab) Departments.
• Initiate and maintain product quality specifications.
• Manage customer quality audits.
• Review customer quality requirements and negotiate required changes.
• Three to five direct reports.
Core Responsibilities include:
• The ability to add Technical value through cooperative efforts with current and future customers.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Must be a proficient communicator and listener.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must demonstrate excellent relationship-building skills.
• Computer literate, high level of detail and accuracy.
• Must be able to multi-task effectively.
• Process and quality oriented.
• Experience with review methods.
• Strong attention to details.
Required Education and Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or 7-10 years on the job Quality experience.
• Experience with Quality Management System acc. to ISO 9001
• Experience with rubber or lead-acid batteries a plus.
Microporous offers one of the best benefit packages in the area including; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, a competitive wage and Bonus Program and Life/Disability Insurance.
If interested please forward resume with salary history and requirements to:
Microporous LLC Reply via E-mail: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Location/Region: Kingsport, TN (US - 37660)