Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Medical Specialist - Nuclear Fuel Services, Inc. - Erwin, TN
Assist with the administration of the overall company medical programs, including Physical Program, Restricted Work Program, Worker’s Compensation, Fitness for Duty Program, and other medical-related programs at the NFS site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with first-aid services for NFS personnel including the coordination and completion of Medical Response training for NFS Emergency First Responders.
- Maintain adequate supplies for the 350 Building Fitness for Duty and Medical Facility areas to ensure timely support of scheduled and unscheduled (medical emergent) needs.
- Assist Medical Specialist II-III with the administration of the NFS Physical Exam program to include scheduling physicals and assisting the Company Physician with physicals, spirometer testing, and follow-up with employees.
- Assist Medical Specialist II-III with the administration of the Restricted Work Program by assisting the NFS physician with evaluation of employees for unrestriced return to work following a medical absence.
- Assist Emergency Services Specialists with the regulatory required Respirator Fit Testing program by maintaining qualifications to perform fit testing when directed by the Emergency Services Unit Manager.
- Perform Fitness for Duty Program functions including maintaining Collection Site Person (CSP) qualifications, scheduling and performing FFD testing, recordkeeping, and follow-up with the FFDC & the Medical Review Officer.
- Assist the Emergency Services Unit Manager in the development and implementation of employee health related educational and Wellness type programs.
- Assist Medical Specialist II-III with the administration of Workers Compensation program claims, Short & Long Term Disability requests, and FMLA request in conjunction with coprorate Benefits program management and third party administrators.
- Participate and assist with the organization of NFS conducted Safety & Wellness events including blood drive collections, flu vaccinations, and Safety Fairs to promote a safe and healthy workplace.
Educational Requirements: B.S. Degree in Nursing (RN License preferred)
Equivalent Experience Acceptable: Four to six years experience with A.S. Degree in Nursing in lieu of B.S. Degree
Experience Requirements: Two to three years experience required. Hospital or medical office nursing experience required at a minimum, emergency care experience preferred.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Law, Program Manager, Security Clearance, Nuclear, Legal, Management, Government, Energy, Records
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)