Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Construction Supervisor - Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
Direct craft personnel and subcontractors; schedule and sequence day to day activities of work; interface with all client personnel to ensure their satisfaction; oversee individual projects to assure compliance with the scope and quality as established by the contract documents; enforcement of site cleanliness, safety, health, and substance abuse programs; proactively anticipate and solve problems that could delay construction; manage the permit and inspection process, physically inspect projects to monitor progress and compliance with project standards; maintain and update as-built drawings; attend regularly scheduled progress meetings; ensure effective use of constructability efforts to identify and resolve changes much earlier in the design phase with significantly less adverse impact on the project. Performance of duties may require supervisory oversight and/or assistance from senior personnel.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve on Captial Project Teams during initial project development to resolve constructability and compliance issues.
2. Assist Project Engineer and subcontractor in development and resource loading of Work Breakdown Structures.
3. Coordinate Safety, Security, Medical, Radiological, and Training entry and work requirements for contractors.
4. Direct subcontractors and laborers, conduct job briefings, and supervise activities to ensure accurate installation.
5. Coordinate process or facility shutdowns as needed for system renovation or utility system tie-ins.
6. Review project assignments and scheduled priorities to assure resources are properly and effectively utilized.
7. Perform assessment of required field changed and obtain approval from lead project engineer when necessary.
8. Maintain and update as-built drawings for accuracy and historical data.
9. Exercises control over assigned projects to ensure subcontractor conformance to quality and safety specifications.
10. Provide input to project schedules related to construction activities.
11. Review and updae construction schedules to include resource allocation, % complete, and % remaining.
12. Perform Construction Superintendent duties on weekends or after hours for all projects under construction as needed.
13. Complete installation verfication/inspection and develop/oversee completion punch lists.
14. Perform investigations to determine underlying causes of unplanned events and determine corrective actions.
15. Assist and/or perform site and/or project surveys and elevation verifications.
16. Utilize NFS application systems to determine and correct contractor restrictions and deficiencies.
Educational Requirements: A.S. in Technical field. Contractors license is desired but not required. Equivalent experience in construction related activities will be considered to meet educational requirements.
Experience Requirements: Six to eight years experience in construction/maintenance related field.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Construction, Manager, Security Clearance, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear, Engineering, Management, Government, Energy
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)