Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Quality Section Manager - Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
- Provide expert level leadership in the development, implementation and maintenance of the NFS quality policies, programs, and procedures.
- Provide NFS Quality Control and Assurance activities supporting safe, cost effective and on time delivery of product that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Provide thought leadership, staff management and direction, and oversee client relationships.
- Serve as Champion for continuous improvement, performance excellence, risk reduction and a strong Quality and Safety Culture.
Major Duties and Responsibilties:
- Develop a Quality Team with the qualifications and expertise to perform the required and necessary quality control and assurance functions.
- Enhance standards of excellence in company operations, utilizing benchmarking where feasible to promote a learning culture.
- Lead the development of standard procedures in the work place to implement Quality requirements, policies and programs.
- Serve as the designated NFS prodcut certification official. Manage the data validation and review, approve and certify the quality data for specified customer products.
- Lead the implementation of an integrated audit and assessment program that supports regulatory compliance, corporate assurance and risk reduction.
- Review, edit, and approve Quality manuals, procedures, inspection procedures, sampling plans, laboratory test procedures, and calibration system manuals.
- Review inspections and audits of quality and regualtory programs; evaluate responses to findings and corrective actions for effectiveness; and provide follow-up reviews as necessary.
- Coordinate with internal/external organizations that specify Quality requirements to assure products and services are supplied that meet the required specification.
- Establish/coordinate a process to ensure quality requirements and specifications are flowed into procurement documentation and receipt inspection process.
- B.S. in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or Mathematics (preferred Technical graduate degree). Other 4-year degree is acceptable with 10 years nuclear or chemical manufacturing experience.
- Over ten years experience is required.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Engineer, Chemical Research, Law, Manager, Quality, Engineering, Legal, Management
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)