Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Waste Management Specialist - Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
Responsible for the efficient and economical disposition of contaminated materials generated during decontamination and decommissioning activities. Assures that all waste packaging and disposal procedures comply with all rules, regulations, and conditions imposed by both NFS and regulatory agencies. Conducts data validation on waste material sample data to ensure compliance with applicable requirements. Responsible for maximizing the efficiency of the groundwater pumpdown system.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducts data validation on all waste material sample data. Data validation consists of data editing, screening, checking, auditing, verifying, certifying and reviewing against established criteria. Based on the review, certifies the material as non-hazardous.
2. Oversees the operation of groundwater drawdown system. Collects and analyzes well data to evaluate the effectiveness of the operation. Institutes modifications and improvements to the system to maximize its effectiveness.
3. Supervises bargaining unit personnel involved in sampling, characterization and remediation projects. Includes the supervision of the collection, packaging and shipment of waste and environmental media samples.
4. Generates waste burial LOA’s. Ensures all data related to burial material is correct and accurate. Audits on a daily basis all information entered into the waste tracking system. Ensures completeness of the Burial Certification Record.
5. Generates waste burial reports for financial accountability. Information includes amounts generated, generation period, cost centers, material type, LOA numbers, etc.
6. Assures that the waste burial process conforms to regulatory requirements and commitments related to the NRC, DOT, and disposal sites.
Educational Requirements: B.S. Degree in Science, Accounting or Business
Equivalent Experience Acceptable: Eight years experience in related field.
Experience Requirements: Six to eight years experience is required. Needs to be knowledgeable of plant operations, procedures, regulatory requirements. Needs to be experienced in supervision of hourly workers.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Manager, Law, Security Clearance, Nuclear, Compliance, Management, Legal, Government, Energy
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)