Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, wallboard, and concrete, using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools, also must conform to local building codes. Construct built-in-place or prefabricated forms, according to specifications, for molding concrete structures. Study blueprints and diagrams to determine type and dimension of forms to be constructed.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Study blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to the type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of the structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Select specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepare layout, using a rule or measuring tape and framing square.
- Mark cutting and assembly lines on materials, using a pencil, chalk, and marking gage.
- Shape materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assemble cut and shaped materials and fasten them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above the ground level.
- Saw lumber to blueprint dimensions, using a handsaw or power saw, and nail lumber together to make form panels.
- Erect built-in-place forms or assemble and install prefabricated forms on the construction site according to blueprint specifications, using hand tools, plumb, rule and level.
- Insert spreaders and tie rods between opposite faces of forms to maintain specified dimensions.
- Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, and timbers.
- Some assembly of forms may be required by bolt up connections.
- Layout and install embeds in concrete form-work.
- Proficient in rigging and flagging cranes.
Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies in addition to passing a test in reference to safe operation in a trench.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
Location/Region: Marshall, NC