Nuclear Fuel Services (NFS) is a division of BWX Technologies. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, Tenn.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, Ohio; Barberton, Ohio; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Nuclear Procedure Writer - Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
Responsible for developing new and revising existing plant procedures (and LOA’s) which support Nuclear Fuel Services operations. In this position, the procedure writer will work with limited supervision to analyze, design and develop work process documents in support of the nuclear operating facilities at NFS. Specific training and/or a writer’s guidance document will be followed with respect to site procedure specifications regarding format, order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design and development of new and revised plant procedures in support of NFS operations.
- Responsible to evaluate requests/proposal for changes to procedures, research technical manuals, process flow documents, plant drawings, safety basis documents, customer requirements and site policies to ensure the safe operation of equipment, procedure flow and usability, and adherence to regulatory requirements and writers guidelines.
- Interface with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) as necessary during all phases of new or revised procedure development. Expected to use appropriate questioning techniques to gather the information needed to generate procedure documents.
- Follow specific training and writer’s guidance to ensure procedures format, order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology provide ease of use.
- Participate in verification and validation of procedure usability in the field. Perform plant and facility walk-downs from which the observations will be used to incorporate human performance standards and technical accuracy.
- Use NFS enterprise software (eB) to process procedure revisions.
- Advise on development of corrective actions (e.g., procedure changes), to ensure that institution and facility expectations and requirements are met.
- Maintain knowledge of and demonstrate ability to perform work safely in accordance with approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Execute other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education Requirements: B.S. degree in Science, Technical or related degree
Equivalent Experience Acceptable: At least two years relevant experience for each year college (i.e. Eight years experience in lieu of degree)
- Three to Five years experience is required.
- Strong technical, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong writing, vocabulary and grammar skills are critical to the success of the position.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word.
BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Technical Writer, Nuclear, Law, Writing, Technology, Energy, Legal, Creative, Research
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)