Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Training Specialist - Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
Responsibilities include developing, planning, coordinating, scheduling, delivering, and evaluating the training program for assigned program area(s).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform task analysis and learn the tasks/jobs in the assigned program area(s).
- Learn the training process and instructional design concepts used by the NFS Training Department. Develop and build excellent presentation skills.
- Deliver/present training courses as assigned.
- Research and assess training needs. Plan and develop training programs in assigned program area(s).
- Coordinate course logistics including notification and scheduling.
- Work with Training Specialist II and III in the planning, selecting, and coordination of relevant programs and curriculum from external NFS sources.
- Assist in modifying/customizing these programs as necessary to most accurately meet NFS program area(s) needs.
- Assure that the training record of each trainee is timely and accurately reflected in the NFS Training and Qualification computer system.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Training.
Education Requirements: B.S. degree in science, education, or related field.
Equivalent Experience Acceptable: 8 years experience in training environment or in assigned program area (operations or safety).
- Three to five years experience in training environment or in assigned program area.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Training, Security Clearance, Nuclear, Learning, Operations, Government, Energy, Research, Human Resources
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)