ATTENTION: Automotive Industry Plant Operational Management Professionals
Are you looking to improve your both your career and your work/life balance?
Are you tired of the “BIG CITY” way of life where in order for you to enjoy some good family time and good for the soul recreation in the evening or on the weekends you have to pack your gear, food & beverage and drive forever to get to your destination!
ANSWER: I’ve got a great new career opportunity in mind for you in east Tennessee where nature viewing, scenic driving, camping, fishing, or simply relaxing after having put in a productive day at the plant is right outside your front door! The Cherokee National Forest for example is where you can enjoy a scenic drive through the mountains, the pursuit of wildlife, the thrill of whitewater, a night under the stars, or solitude on a backcountry trail.
Plant Location: Surgoinsville, TN
Relocation Assistance: Absolutely (Renters or Home Owners)
Type of Position: Full Time Salaried w/Bonus
Responsible for the operation of assigned Business Unit including workplace safety, machinery and equipment, quality, cost, productivity, delivery, and the culture of continuous improvement.
· Manages directly and indirectly all Business Unit Team Members. The Business Unit Manager evaluates, trains, disciplines and determines remuneration of his staff
· Safety performance and improvement within business unit
· Develops Business Unit goals and specific plant objectives
· Equipment/process/tooling capacity planning for business unit
· Establishing business unit manpower requirements and adjusting manpower based on sales forecasting, turnover, productivity improvements, etc.
· Lead, support or participate in standard lean events and continuous improvement activities
· Lead, support or participate in formal root cause analysis/problem-solving efforts related to safety, quality and delivery incidents
· Lead or assist in efforts to meet/exceed safe launch requirements
· Ensure 6s initiatives are implemented and the 6s process is maintained within business unit
· Review and approve production schedules to meet the demand of the customers without expedited deliveries
· Meeting or exceeding annual budget requirements including direct and indirect labor, scrap, cost of quality, and overtime
· Complies with policies and procedures pertaining to the location, corporate, and customer standards such as TS16949 and ISO14001
Education and Qualifications:
· Four-year degree in Industrial Management or related field
· Five years- experience in manufacturing supervision, Tier 1 automotive experience preferred
· Problem solving and strong analytical skills, strong self- motivation, and decision making skills
· Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary
Why Zing! Recruiting? Building and growing your company is your business. Finding the elite talent you need is ours. With our established, far-reaching resources and our proven operating procedures, we find hidden pools of talent that eliminate hiring mistakes. We find the right talent the first time.