Assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards; testing materials and product.
Quality Assurance Manager Job Duties:
• Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and customer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
• Establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
• Establishes in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
• Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
• Establishes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures, SOP’s.
• Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
• Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
• Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results, setting up KPI’s.
• Maintains quality assurance staff and Sanitation Manager by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains quality assurance staff and Sanitation manager job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, establishing KPI’s and appraising job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Quality Assurance Skills and Qualifications:
People Management, Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Technical Understanding, Promoting Process Improvement, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Dealing with Complexity, Problem Solving, Process Improvement
• Bachelor’s Degree in food science or other related field with two to three years related work experience in food processing environment.
• Minimum 3-6 years provide an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SQF Certification preferred.
• Strong teaming and leadership skills
• Customer interface experience in handling quality concerns
• Knowledge of Safety and Labor Laws
• Ability to rotate shift based on need of the department
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English – preferred
• Some Snack Foods experience preferred
• Computer proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Genesis, SharePoint etc.)
• Weekend work when needed
• Must be able to generate company documents as well as maintain all existing documents
• Quality Assurance Experience required