General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelines
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement digital records management system
- Initiate annual employee performance review and maintain related records
- Teach a minimum of 15 credit hours per fall and spring semesters in day and/or evening programs, at any campus location
- Develop and teach courses in classroom, lab, and clinical setting through a variety of delivery formats
- Evaluate student learning and maintain class records
- Establish and maintain partnerships with clinical agencies to facilitate student clinical learning experiences
- Observe all college, and divisional policies, procedures, and regulations
- Recommend textbook changes and the purchase of equipment needed for instructional purposes; be responsible for ensuring all materials are current
- Assist in recruiting new students and job placement of graduating and non-graduating students and personally maintain employment records
- Maintain Program records and comply with all accreditation standards and guidelines
- Serve on committees as assigned
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervision.
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Education – Either an earned Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution or the ability to earn a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution within 18 months of hire date.
- Licensure – Appropriate Certified Dental Assistant credential, and the ability to hold the Registered Dental Assistant credential as required by the state within 6 months.
- Experience – Two years previous work experience required and two years previous teaching preferred
- Curriculum development, educational theory and methodology, and computer assisted instruction experience preferred
- Technology Skills: MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Access; digital records management systems; general operating systems and data information systems
· Responsive to primary stakeholders’ requests
· Professional demeanor, communication, and attire
· Proficient functioning in a team-oriented
· Knowledge of discipline-specific subject matter
· Capable of managing time and workload to meet strategic planning, budgeting, and any other assigned deadlines
- Use of technology to enhance student learning is expected
- Primary assignment involves knowledge and the use of clinical equipment and audio-visual equipment
Compensation: Annual salary dependent on education and experience. See Northeast State's Salary Grade Structure at http://www.northeaststate.edu/Faculty-and-Staff/Human-Resources/Compensation/Salary-Grade-Structure/
Contract Type: Academic (9-Month), Full-Time Term
Location of Position: NeSCC Kingsport - Regional Center for Health Professions,
300 W. Main St.
Kingsport, Tennessee, 37660
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req1120
TO APPLY: Program Director/Instructor of Dental Assisting
Location/Region: Kingsport, TN (US - 37660)