- Independently performs Instrument Engineering activities for all phases of instrument development and equipment design for a project of moderate size and complexity.
- Must be fully competent in performing all conventional aspects of Instrument Engineering and application of independent judgment for the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering criteria, methods, and procedures.
- Assignments have objectives requiring the investigation of a number of variables.
- Meets with clients’ technical staff to discuss technical information and features.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for all instruments within scope of project.
- Prepare instrument indexes, instrument datasheets, obtains quotes and creates purchase requisitions.
- Evaluates vendors’ bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates instrument design to client and other disciplines.
- Reviews Process Flow Diagrams and Piping and Instrument Diagrams.
- Participates in start-ups and field assignments as required.
- Ensures that specifications, reports, and analysis meet scope, schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
- Communicates with construction personnel concerning constructability issues as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Estimates instrument and engineering labor costs for instrumentation scope, based on preliminary scope and P&IDs.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with 3-5 years instrumentation design experience and registration as a professional engineer preferred.
- Equivalent working knowledge/experience without a degree or registration will also be considered.
Genesis is one of the premier staffing companies on the Gulf Coast - let us introduce you to our premium clients.
Location/Region: Kingsport, TN (US)