Genesis Technical Staffing is seeking an Jr. Instrument Engineer located in Kingsport, TN.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineer with a industrial engineering background.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years experience in Instrument Design.This includes proficiency in utilizing various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
- Conducts field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment information.
- Prepares equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Participates in reviews of Process Flow Diagrams and Piping and Instrument Diagrams.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, instrument index and process specifications for instruments.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services activities.
- Participates in plant start-ups and field assignments as required.
- Participates in equipment inspections at vendors' facilities.
- Ensures that production of drawings, specifications, reports and analysis meet scope, schedule cost and quality requirements.
- May be specialized in safety shutdown and/or critical control systems.
- May be specialized in analyzers.
- May be specialized in PLC programming, logic, human-machine interface and/or graphics.
- May be specialized in DCS programming, configuration, human-machine interface and/or graphics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, managers, designers and engineers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
Genesis Technical Staffing, Inc., provides proven staffing solutions for the Industrial technical workforce. We have seasoned experience in matching the most qualified talent with the most innovative industrial, engineering, and technical companies. Our unique approach is based on integrity, honesty, and the sincere desire to foster mutually beneficial relationships. At Genesis, our employees' success is our success.
Location/Region: Kingsport, TN (US)