Armed, Security Officer
Seeking Security Officers with a DoD Clearance
We will accept uncleared applicants.
Security Officer responsible for performing various physical and information security functions within one of our contracted client facilities in Jonesborough, TN. Security Officers must be able to work various shifts as required (1st, 2nd, or 3rd). Normal work schedules will include 8 hour, 10 hour and 12 hour shifts as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to read, understand and follow security officer post orders as defined by the contracting facility
- Ability to understand operations of alarm panels, paging systems, and emergency notification systems and perform operations with those systems and panels as needed.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and react appropriately while protecting employees and facilities from harm or unauthorized intrusions
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings at all times, expecting the unexpected and confident forwardness in questioning anything that appears out of the ordinary
- Granting facility access to employees, visitors, vendors and/or contractors while exhibiting attention to detail so that unauthorized facility access does not occur
- Controlling facility access for vendors, customers, and visitors and paying attention to details when conducting vehicle searches and inspections
- Ability to effectively and consistently complete required facility access logs
- Ability to recognize when situations warrant escalation and/or preparation of an incident report
- Ability to write complete and concise incident reports and end of shift reports
- Ability to enter, review and maintain electronic visitor control system.
- Basic knowledge of Internet, e-mail, and Microsoft Office
- Efficient and courteous interpersonal, telephone and two-way radio skills
- Ability to work in a team environment including communicating and working effectively with colleagues, employees, customers, vendors, visitors, local law enforcement personnel and emergency response personnel.
- Ability to perform routine facility security checks, vehicle inspections, and respond to suspicious activities in an effective, professional and efficient manner. This will include walking at a moderate pace unassisted for 45 to 60 minutes at a time, ascending and descending stairs on a regular basis, standing unassisted for extended periods of time, and exposure to weather elements including heat, cold, rain, ice, snow and wind. Must be able to perform security functions both inside and outside.
- DoD Security Clearance at the Secret level preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government level clearance at the Secret level
- Clean Background with clean criminal history required
- Clean Driving Record (less than 3 violations in prior 36 months) required
- Armed Security License preferred.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification preferred.
- Must be physically capable of performing CPR including kneeling or crouching to perform CPR in an emergency situation.
- Must be FLEXIBLE and willing to work nights, graveyards, weekends, and alternate holidays or if called in to work on short-notice due to unforeseen circumstances
- Must be able to successfully pass the pre-employment background and drug screening processes.
- Neat and Clean appearance (properly groomed, proper personal hygiene)
- Must possess a customer friendly, focused, and positive attitude
- Familiarity with alarm systems and/or CCTV systems preferred
- Directional awareness including the ability to provide driving directions as needed via telephone for customers, visitors, and delivery drivers
What we Offer:
- Paid on-the-job training (40 hours)
- Paid CPR / First Aid / AED training
- Free Uniforms
- Flexible Scheduling
- Opportunities for advancement in position as openings occur
- Vacation benefits for full time Officers working a minimum of 1600 regular hours per anniversary year. (1 yr/full time)
- Health Insurance / Dental / Vision / Short term disability
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Location/Region: Jonesborough, TN