Forklift Mechanic-Experienced with Electric Material Handling Equipment
If you are looking for a career change, we are the Best Place to work in the forklift service industry!
Under the direct supervision of the Service Manager, the Technician is responsible for performing periodic maintenance, repair, replacement and limited troubleshooting on various models of Clark and competitive material handling equipment. Must be proficient in completing all required paperwork needed to perform all job requirements. 3 years related experience and/or training with Clark, Doosan, Crown, Raymond, Toyota, Hyster, Yale, Caterpillar, Nissan, and/or other manufacturers. Must have a clean driving record and spotless criminal background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics
- Able to repair, or replace major system components, including circuit boards and other electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering and transmissions, engines with limited supervision
- Troubleshoot and diagnose most truck components
- Perform engine tune-ups on most makes of equipment without supervision
- Perform proper PM’s in a timely manner
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose most complex electrical systems on IC and electric trucks
- Be able to use all special tools properly. Maintain and properly use the normal tools of the trade
- Operate service van in a clean, safe and secure manner following all required safety rules for the job
- Assist with training/mentoring apprentice mechanics through on-the-job training
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills including ability to Upsell various parts and material handling products
- Properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts
Driving is an essential function of this position and a valid current driver’s license must be maintained at all times.
Perform other duties as required per management
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma, G.E.D. or tech school graduate preferred.
Demonstrated ability to repair equipment per skill level. For new hires a minimum of two years of experience in repair and maintenance on material handling equipment
Basic Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
We offer the most competitive compensation and benefits in the material handling industry! Our company reputation is impeccable. We are THE BEST in the industry!
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability/Matching Retirement/Vacation/Sick Time
If you are looking for a long-term career. We are the best in the business with a history to prove it. Founded in 1919, The Lilly Company is recognized for being one of the best places to work in the industry. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We offer a great benefits package including matching 401K plus paid time off. We hire and retain the best of the best!