Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Project Engineer - Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
Evaluate situations, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor modifications. Assignments have a clear objective and require planning and investigation of limited number of possibilities.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to execute projects per standard policies, procedures, and carryout sound engineering practices.
- Evaluate situations, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using good judgement in making minor modifications.
- Perform work which involves conventional types of investigations, structures or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Responsible for keeping projects on schedule and on budget with assistance from project manager.
- Ability to communicate with external A/E firms, vendors, and construction contractors.
- Ability to become a project team leader and direct the team to complete the objectives of a project, even if not within technical background.
- Prepare written reports, drawings/ sketches, technical documents, compliance reviews and monitor performance to quality and schedules.
Other assignments will include ability to perform investigations, provide support to Process Engineering & Operations. Provide technical guidance/ peer reviews within area of expertise. Perform checkout and acceptance of installed equipment, and assist in solving unusual problems.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
BS Degree in Engineering, Metallurgy or Physics
Two (2) years engineering experience since BS (1 year with MS). Must be proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
BS Degree in Engineering
A minimum of two (2) years design or project engineering experience in a highly regulated industry such as the nuclear, chemical or pharmaceutical industries preferred. Proficient with PowerPoint, Primavera & SAP.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Project Engineer, Construction, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Engineering, Manufacturing, Science
Location/Region: Erwin, TN