Title: Part-Time Care Giver For Newport Weekends
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Part-Time Care Giver For Newport Weekends.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
Caregiver Job Description
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels.
Job Responsibilities of a Caregiver
As a caregiver you will perform personal care tasks including:
- Assistance with personal hygiene and grooming, feeding and ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks
- Fostering positive relationships between individuals served and their housemates
- Ensuring client safety and maintaining a safe environment
- Reminding/assisting client with self-administration of medications (with proper training)
- Encouraging self-help activities
- Reporting changes in client’s condition or family situation to the office
- Documenting services provided
- Performing home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning
- Planning meals, shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up
- Accompanying client to scheduled appointments
- Transporting clients or running errands for clients
Job Requirements of a Caregiver
- 18 years of age or older
- High school degree/GED
- Valid driver’s license (in most cases)
- Ability to work in home-like settings
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
Must be able to use Hoyer Lift. Shifts are as followed: Saturday 8:30a-1:30p and 5:30p-8:30p Sunday 8:30a-1:30p and 5:30p-8:30pWednesday 5:30p-8:30p with the option to obtain more hours through the week.
- Competitive compensation benefits package
- Positive results of your work
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Employed by an established and highly regarded organization with a proud 40-year tradition of making a vital difference in the lives of those we serve
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities. , Newport, TN 37821 USA
Location/Region: Newport, TN