We are seeking a Safety Coordinator to join our team! You will be responsible for coordinating the safety and training activities. This position requires travel and may be housed in any of our branches located in Virginia, North Carolina or Tennessee.
We provide a total rewards package that includes an excellent working environment, great benefits, and incentive programs to help you maximize your earnings.
Our hiring standards are high because we want the best individuals as part of our team. We are looking for committed individuals who understand the importance of safety and customer service to be a part of our organization.
- Implement accident and loss prevention programs
- Develop and plan procedures and programs to meet safety needs
- May develop training manuals and training aids for internal use.
- Maintain records of training activities and employee programs
- monitor the effectiveness of these activities
- maintain records and reporting systems on lost time accidents
- maintain records and reporting systems on property losses
- Ensure safety programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Participate in all compliance requests and activities pertaining to the division
- interact with supervisors and employees to identify and correct unsafe practices
- Maintain relationships with outside organizations to assure information exchange
- fire departments
- rescue teams
- Strong communication skills to successfully interact with employees and management
- Strong comprehension skills to interpret OSHA and other safety standards
- Strong writing skills to effectively develop required written safety programs
- Strong computer skills (working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Ability to present information to large groups effectively
- Flexibility to travel and be on-call after normal working hours
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks at once
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner with attention to detail
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Bachelor Degree in a safety related field or 4 years of experience in a safety role
- CSP, CIH or other professional designation in a safety field
OmniSource offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package including: medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, disability coverage, 401(k) with company match, profit sharing, restricted stock award, bonus, and many other benefits.
No phone calls please. We will contact individuals we are interested in pursuing for this opening.
OmniSource is an equal opportunity employer.
OmniSource, LLC is one of North America's largest processors and distributors of scrap and secondary metals. We collect, process, resell, and trade a wide variety of ferrous and nonferrous scrap. Our more than 70 U.S. scrap collection and processing facilities, including 11 operating shredders, provide the capacity to process 7 million tons of ferrous scrap annually, and more than a billion pounds of nonferrous metals.