Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
This position is responsible for providing coordination for day-to-day engineering operations in direct support to the Engineering Director. The position may be organized with or without direct reporting organizations.
1. Administration and implementation of Engineering initiatives as directed by the Engineering Director.
2. Oversight of Engineering standards & procedures.
3. Engineering budget development, review and monitoring
4. Coordination of day-to-day issue management involving Engineering resources.
5. Coordination of engineering support for business proposals, quotations, and award contracts.
6. Engineering contractor utilization strategy management, coordination and quality monitoring.
7. Delegate for Engineering Director for Safety and Safeguards Review Committee, Change Control Board, Plan-of-the-Day, etc.
8. Act as Engineering Director during incumbent’s absences.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN