Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
We are currently seeking a Nuclear Procedure Writer Intern for our Erwin, TN location!
Nuclear Fuel Services (NFS), a division of BWX Technologies, Inc., is seeking an Intern for our Procedure Department.
- Support Procedure Program in the development and revision of existing plant procedures (and LOA’s).
- Provide assistance in processing procedures through upgrade process.
- Analyze, design and develop work process documents in support of Procedure Program.
- Must be a US Citizen (no dual citizenship)
- Must be a currently enrolled student (or recent graduate) pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing or other related program.
- Applicant must be willing to commit to working part time during the school year and full time during the summer and break periods.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government clearance
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)