Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Security Operations Supervisor 1 - Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
Summary Description of Job
Directs and controls overall activities associated with the implementation of the Physical Protection Program on all shifts at the NFS plant site. Assures the functions are performed in accordance with government regulations, company procedures, and security plans for the site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers site security activities associated with physical protection systems and equipment, as well as, security personnel, employees, contractors, and visitors to assure that conditions are operated in accordance with approved security plans and procedures.
- Administers a system of reports and summaries which objectively furnish accurate information and recommendations on site security investigations and incidents which include consideration to meet government reporting requirements within approved guidelines and procedures.
- Directs the site security force efforts in the event of a security contingency response or abnormal security situation in a rapidly changing post 9/11 security environment.
- Provides leadership and supervision to security personnel in the execution of daily security operations and performance of required tasks.
- Implements appropriate measures to compensate for the loss of effectiveness of security/systems/sub-systems as required by government regulations and approved security procedures.
- Assists in directing plan wide efforts regarding emergencies or other abnormal contingencies to assure personnel safety and regulatory compliance.
- Identifies, documents, and corrects deficiencies discovered as part of the internal self-assessment program.
B. S. -- Science or related degree or without B. S. degree, eleven (11) years’ experience in a security related field is required to demonstrate ability to apply technical knowledge to security incidents and activities.
Three (3) years experience in a security related field is required to demonstrate ability to apply technical knowledge to security incidents and activities.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN (US)