Tennessee Cancer Specialists is seeking a full-time, Registered Nurse for our Greeneville, TN location. Candidates must be able to travel to other locations as needed.
Why work for Tennessee Cancer Specialists?
Patients, family members and caregivers often ask if you have to have special training to be part of our team because they notice that we enjoy our work and serve with respect, dignity and empathy. We truly work as a team and care about each other, which creates better outcomes and a better environment for our patients. Our culture recognizes the contribution of each team member and the importance of giving our patients hope through having a positive and upbeat attitude. We know that what we do matters and, therefore, attract people who want to apply their experience, skills and education in ways that make a meaningful and lasting difference in the lives of our patients and families.
At Tennessee Cancer Specialists, it is our privilege to walk with our patients and their families as they move along the journey of fighting cancer. Whether you are working in the clinic directly with patients or in administration providing support, you are an important part of making our mission to deliver the highest quality, compassionate care come true.
What We Have to Offer: We value our employees and offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid time off; paid holidays; short- and long-term disability; flexible spending accounts; AFLAC; 401(k) and profit sharing.
SCOPE: Under general supervision, provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and practice standards as well as guidelines for specialty regulations. Candidate must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participate in practice wide quality initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including physiological and developmental differences unique to each group
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow, including maintaining adequate medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture, including obtaining authorizations, referrals, or pre-certifications as required
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems
- Documents all elements of care in the patient’s medical record
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid-level provider
- Serves as a resource person to the medical assistants and LPNs
- Triages patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient's chart
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching. Ensures clinic has available teaching resources and supplies.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary. May assist in completing insurance and disability forms and/or documentation for patients.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen
- Maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities
- Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA regulatory practices
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
- At least one year of experience is required, preferably in an oncology environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Current RN Tennessee state license with the State Board of Nursing
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) certification
EOE/M/F/D/V/SO. We are a Drug-free Workplace.
To apply online: http://www.tncancer.com/careers/
Location/Region: Greeneville, TN