Technical Clerk - RCAM
(Regional Center for Advanced Manufacturing)
General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelines
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the office operations by maintaining calendars, scheduling, and meetings with internal and external partners Outlook or other scheduling software. Provide support for:
- Director of RCAM
- Coordinators of RCAM
- Events and courses
- Testing Center
- Be the front desk point of contact for guests and visitors to RCAM
- Responds to all inquiries regarding details of scheduled events and office processes.
- Composes correspondence, prepares travel and other reports, etc., using prescribed format and professionally correct grammar.
- Organizes and maintains the RCAM contact hour documentation for TBR Workforce Development report including:
- Maintaining electronic record retention system.
- Collecting required information.
- Coordinates arrangements for RCAM events including planning and ordering hospitality, delivering and setting-up hospitality items and class materials and collecting forms.
- Schedules all travel arrangements and processes travel reports for the department
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervision.
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate Degree in Office Administration Technology preferred
- At least three years of clerical and office administration experience.
- Proficient in speaking and writing grammatically correct English and spelling.
- Proficient in technology and software
- Proficient in adapting to new office technology
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service.
- Must be able to accomplish responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pursue answers concerning specific college related procedures necessary to accomplish tasks
- Technology Skills: MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Access; digital records management systems; general operating systems and data information systems.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Occasional travel may be required
- May require alternate schedule for class set-up and organization
This position is grant funded. Continued employment is contingent upon grant funding.
Compensation: $12 per hour; not to exceed 29 hours per week
Contract Type: Part-time Temporary (Project Inspire Grant)
Location of Position: NeSCC Kingsport - Regional Center for Advanced Manufacturing,
305 W. Main St.
Kingsport, Tennessee, 37660
Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req2113
***APPLICATION DEADLINE 1/24/2019*****
TO APPLY: Technical Clerk – RCAM (Part-time/temporary) – Application deadline: 1/24/2019
Location/Region: Kingsport, TN (US - 37660)