Holliston, the nation’s oldest and largest manufacturer of cloth based coated substrates, has an immediate need for a Quality Assurance and Process Engineering Technician. The candidate will be responsible for daily materials testing, data collection and analysis, identification of non-conforming material, support of continuous process improvement projects and the maintaining/calibration of lab testing equipment. Candidates must have prior quality testing lab experience using micrometers and other standard laboratory test equipment and exhibit above average problem solving skills.
· Minimum A.S. in a Manufacturing, Science, or Technical related field
· Four year B.S. in technical or engineering field preferred
· Six Sigma or ASQ Certification a plus
· Must have normal or correctable visual acuity and color vision
· 2 to 3 years of experience in a manufacturing and quality assurance environment
· Ability to independently multitask and prioritize work assignments and job duties with minimal supervision.
· Ability to interpret and review analytical data sets
· Proficient in Microsoft Word with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Experience in Microsoft GP Dynamics or other ERP systems a plus.
· Effective problem solving capabilities, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, in order to communicate production issues with department supervision and operations directions.
· Ability to work overtime as needed.
· Able to handle complex and technical laboratory procedures that require accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to effectively manage product data spreadsheets with accuracy and attention to detail in order to better support Quality and Production activities