Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 6,100 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, Tenn.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, Ohio; Barberton, Ohio; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: High School diploma plus two (2) semesters of college Chemistry and/or Physics.
Experience: One (1) year or less related work experience required.
Perform various operations in the decommissioning of facilities and transportation of SNM bearing materials using necessary equipment to perform the task.
- Excavate contaminated soil and waste debris
- Operate heavy equipment including backhoes, excavators, dump trucks, etc.
- Perform building, process, and equipment decommissioning.
- Unload/package contents of intermodals, drums, boxes, etc.
- Downsize debris using required hand tools, saws, and other equipment as required.
- Line intermodals and stage for loading.
- Package materials into intermodals.
- Spot intermodals, sealand containers, and box trailers as directed by supervision.
- Label, placard, and prepare intermodal and sealand containers/trailers for offsite shipment.
- Load and offload intermodals on train cars.
- Stage shipping containers.
- Perform sampling and package samples for NFS labs and shipping departments
- Checkweigh incoming and outgoing materials.
- Apply tamper indicating seals
- Perform required computer transactions.
- Package materials into approved product shipping containers and into approved waste material shipping containers.
- Off load incoming material from transport vehicles and unload incoming materials from transport vehicles.
- Understand and comply with operating and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain job qualifications.
- Perform other job duties as directed by supervision.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
. Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN