Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,350 employees, BWXT has 11 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a Systems Analyst for its Erwin, TN location!
The Systems Analyst will work closely with the Database Administrator(s) and other Systems Analyst(s) in the management of both the database environment and various applications server software. The database and application environment is a Microsoft Windows environment with Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Works closely with database administrator(s) with responsibilities such as monitoring the database environment, performing installations, upgrades and configuring the SQL and assisting Systems Analyst(s) with software installations.
- Troubleshoots all aspects of the database environment.
- Writes Power Shell scripts to assist and automate maintenance tasks.
- Assists Systems Analysts in troubleshooting applications software.
- Manages the service account maintenance and password change process.
- Assists with configuration and auditing of the IT Applications environment compliance with pertinent NIST DISA Stigs.
- Creates and follows processes and procedures related to area of responsibility.
- Works with IT operations for datacenter/network/environment projects and troubleshooting as it affects SQL Server and the applications environment.
- Creates and executes projects for upgrades in the database environment.
- Assists other System Analyst with the installation or upgrade of purchased applications installation and associated troubleshooting.
- The Systems Analyst may be assigned other areas of responsibility in the IT Applications team.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field is required.
- Must possess at least two (2) years of related experience.
- Ability to work under guidelines and procedures.
- Experience managing projects that affect multiple applications.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Possess strong communication skills with ability to translate issues and needs among various members of the IT organization.
- Possess understanding of SQL Server environment including relational database design, advanced querying techniques scripting, SQL replication, security, backup and recovery.
- Must have experience working on cross functional teams that include IT applications, security and operational members.
- Display a strong background or aptitude and desire to learn server side technologies to enable collaboration with the operations team to support and trouble shoot the SQL Server and applications environment including but not limited to: Active Directory and GPOs, AD interaction with SQL security, such as Kerberos and MSA, network resources such as data domains and virtual server environments and configuration for SQL Server.
- Display knowledge of technologies used commonly in applications including Web Application Server (IIS, WebSphere, TomCat, Web Logic), Certs/SSL and understanding of various development technologies.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to manage meetings and present ideas to groups.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Q and NRC U clearance.
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN