Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Operations Director -- Nuclear Fuel Services, Inc. - Erwin, TN
Summary Description of Job:
This position manages and directs high-enriched uranium processing operations, fuel manufacturing operations, and waste-water operations for the company. This position is responsible for production-related activities involving the handling and processing of special nuclear material, including developing procedures and maintaining facilities and equipment in a safe operating condition. This position includes activities associated with product research and development, enriched uranium processing, transportation and waste management operations, and related equipment installation, start-up, and maintenance. This position manages a majority of the hourly work force, and has line management responsibility for implementation of the safety programs and systems for conducting an active ALARA Program. This position performs weekly interfaces with the NRC resident inspector and the NNL PFO lead.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Directs production-related activities involving the handling and processing of special nuclear material.
2. Directs the development and maintenance of operating procedures, facilities, and equipment in a safe operating condition.
3. Facilitates product research and development for enriched uranium processing, transportation, and waste management operations.
4. Directs production start-up, equipment installation/replacement, and maintenance of facility.
5. Manages/directs hourly work force with line management responsibility for production.
6. Ensures all health and safety, criticality, and production programs are operating in a safe and compliant manner.
7. Serves as delegate for the President and is Emergency Control Center Operations Lead.
8. Serves on Executive Review Board, Executive HUP Team. A member of the senior Training Advisory Committee, Corrective Action Review Board, as well as, many other Committees.
9. Performs weekly interfaces with the NRC resident inspector and the NNL PFO lead.
B. S. or B. A. degree -- Science or Engineering
Experience Requirements of Job (Beyond educational or equivalent):
Ten years of experience in industry or nuclear reactor operations plus five years of in a supervisory position in the nuclear industry or reactor operations.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN