Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Senior Project Manager (Decommissioning) -- Nuclear Fuel Services, Inc. - Erwin, TN
Summary Description of Job:
Senior level manager with full responsibility and authority for management of large on-site and off-site projects. Position is principal point of contact with clients on off-site projects.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Propose, plan, execute, review operations, including preparing schedules and budgets to ensure performance and project objectives are achieved.
- Interface with customers and management to ensure the customer’s needs and objectives are met while maximizing benefits to NFS.
- Provide management leadership and technical direction to project teams including subcontractors. Supervisory functions include appraisal of and participation in professional development planning for subordinate staff.
- Solicit appropriate resources from functional groups. Communicate and coordinate with support groups such as Health and Safety, Regulator Compliance, Laboratory, Environmental Services, Engineering and Technical Services to ensure project goals, including technical, schedule, and budget are achieved.
- Prepare reports and make presentations, as required, to management, clients, and regulators.
- Instill a quality performance attitude in project teams(s) including satisfying the requirements of regulatory and Quality Assurance Programs.
- Provide technical support and/or direct liaison support for regulatory agency interface, if required, on clients’ behalf, including making presentations to regulatory agencies and providing technical information in response to routine inspection and special investigations.
- Prepare technical and cost proposals for proposed projects.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all phases and execution of Decommissioning projects. Maintains accountability for project safety, quality, cost and schedule expectations.
- Routinely and effectively coordinate and communicate with all project stakeholders including briefings to NFS senior leadership.
- Identify and manage resource needs to support D&D Project completion.
- Provide oversight and continuous monitoring of D&D contractor’s project management and execution to ensure compliance with safety, quality, schedule, and operational requirements.
- Provide monthly project accruals for operations for D&D contracts to Finance & Accounting and Program Management.
- Primary interface for D&D contractor for guidance and assistance -- removing/resolving NFS road blocks for D&D contractor projects.
- Provide SAP invoice approvals for associated projects.
- Prepare quarterly project status variance reports as required by the NR contract.
- Prepare and submit D&D capital forecasting/capital requests.
- Coordinate development of quarterly metrics for submittal to D&D Program Manager.
- Prepare materials and present project status and achievements during program reviews.
- Prepare and submit procurement packages as needed to support projects.
B. S. -- Engineering or Technical discipline.
Experience Requirements (Beyond educational or equivalent):
Over ten years’ experience. Technical industry experience including minimum of 4 years involving chemical process development, operations, design or environmental services. Interpersonal and communication skills critically important for interfacing with staff, management, and clients. Team leadership, initiative and decision making abilities acquired through experience are essential for successful projects.
Experience in Decommissioning and construction. PMP preferred but not required.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN