Nuclear Fuel Services (NFS) is a division of BWX Technologies. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Configuration Management Specialist 1 -- BWX Technologies, Inc (Nuclear Fuel Services) -- Erwin, TN
Summary of job duties:
The Configuration Management Specialist 1 assembles minor and major change packages and verifies data validity. Responsibilities include tracking and maintaining the data associated with Enterprise Change Requests (ECR) and Enterprise Change Notices (ECN) within the electronic workflow system.
Major job duties and responsibilities:
1. Review change requests, identify affected documentation and/or physical items and assemble associated change packages. Prepare associated Engineering Change Notices (ECNs).
2. Coordinate disposition of information associated with closure of completed ECNs. Verify continuity of superseded and superseding information associated with ECN completion and implementation.
3. Assure that documents are validated and verified by document owners prior to release and distribution after ECN completion. Update document attribute information to reflect current status after ECN completion.
4. Maintain metrics for the CM Program. Identify and track deficiencies in ECR/ECN documentation.
5. Assist users in entering and maintaining component, equipment, document and physical item data in an electronic workflow system.
B. S. -- Technical preferred or In lieu of a degree, eight (8) years’ experience of plant operations, document preparation and control, and maintenance.
Experience Requirements beyond educational or equivalent experience in lieu of degree:
Three - five years’ experience in engineering and/or plant operations preferred.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN