Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 6,100 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, Tenn.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, Ohio; Barberton, Ohio; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more
Supervisor 1 (Fuel Operations Management) - BWX Technologies, Inc. (Nuclear Fuel Services) - Erwin, TN
Supervise and efficiently manage hourly personnel in assigned areas of responsibility in a safe and compliant manner. Responsible for producing a quality product in a timely and safe manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Studies and understands the applicable requirements, labor contract, procedures, and equipment utilized in the work area.
2. Trains and assigns hourly personnel to work to ensure that safe practices and correct job requirements are performed.
3. Reports equipment malfunctions, procedural deviations, absenteeism, accidents, and/or other unusual occurrences.
4. Prepares minor work orders and coordinates applicable work under major work orders and Radiation Work Permits.
5. Reviews/approves applicable records, runsheets, and/or other documentation in the work area.
6. Completes applicable reports and provides other information as requested.
7. Administers disciplinary action when required and addresses inadequate performance issues promptly.
One year of college Chemistry or Physics
One to two years experience in a chemical or nuclear facility or one to two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing or military environment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN