Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Program Management Director -- Nuclear Fuel Services (BWXT) - Erwin, TN
Summary Description of Job:
Responsible for the overall leadership and general management of the program Management Group for NFS which may span across various projects/contracts and divisional needs. Responsible for the direct management of multiple projects, customer communications, estimating, price setting, contract negotiations and general project administration and reporting. Responsible for cost, schedule, technical direction, and performance of the functional organizations assigned to the execution of the projects.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs/coordinates special projects at the direction of the President to include but not limited to divisional assignments, across project task forces, large development projects, material procurements, and vendor selections.
- Directs the efforts of the Program Management Team and obtains assistance from the functional organizations to ensure the performance of all efforts necessary to maximize cash flow and deliver contracted goods and services with quality, cost, and delivery targets.
- Interfaces with the Corporate Services organization to review potential new work scopes, products or services to assure compatibility with the assigned Program Management team.
- Assists Corporate Services in proposition efforts to ensure that company offerings meet customer needs with regard to bid dates, design, and contract details. Reviews and approves applicable proposals.
- Coordinates with Corporate Services and the affected operating or functional departments to ensure changes to the proposal agreed to during contract negotiations are equitably distributed and accepted by all parties to the original proposal.
- Reviews and interprets proposition correspondence, sales papers, proposals, and contract specification sot become fully acquainted with all requirements, obligations, conditions, and terms of the contract.
- Prepares a project plan that provides for the efficient execution of the contract and the control of project costs, case flow, schedules, quality, and documentation requirements.
- Assesses contract cost and processing efficiencies on an ongoing basis and takes necessary corrective actions. Interfaces with Program Management and between functional departments to negotiate and balance contract financial performance actions within overall company financial goals.
- Assures the creation and receipt of performance information necessary to manage each contract. Exercises control by monitoring project progress in regard to costs, cash flow, schedules, and documentation requirements. Approves material purchases, authorizes production by pre-planned stages, and approves changes to the master schedule that affect the project. Receives appropriate cost, cash flow, schedule and quality data and reports and compares actual results with the project plan on a timely basis.
- Institutes corrective action where needed by means of the following personnel: Program Management team, functional department, section and unit managers, and the President.
- Monitors the contract support actions required from the customer and ensures that all necessary steps are taken to initiate and/or expedite such actions when necessary. Keeps company and customer management informed of critical items affecting a contract and requests management action from either party where appropriate.
- Conducts meetings and briefings on project with company and customer management utilizing appropriate reporting techniques.
- Coordinates the general development activities throughout the company.
- Represents the company at major customer meetings.
- As needed, provides leadership and training for the other Program Managers with the company.
- B. S. -- Engineering, Technical or Business discipline
- M. S. -- Business Administration/Management preferred
Experience Requirements of Job (Beyond educational or equivalent):
A minimum of twenty years’ experience that would provide a general knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality control methods and systems, contract interpretation and negotiation, contract technical and administration requirements, planning, and production execution and communication methods and procedures. Advanced training or experience in business and financial disciplines are highly desirable. A minimum of five years’ project management experience required.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Asheville Nearest Secondary Market:
Location/Region: Erwin, TN