Tri Cities Skin and Cancer provides outstanding dermatologic care for the whole family. We proudly offer the following services to the greater Tri Cities Tennessee area and beyond: general and complex medical dermatology, Mohs surgery and reconstruction and cosmetic and laser services.
We have an immediate need for a certified Mohs histology technician. We have facilities in Johnson City and Greeneville Tennessee; the position is currently for work in Johnson City, but minimal travel may be required.
The position is responsible for preparing tissue specimens for microscopic examination by the Mohs surgeon.
- Perform histological procedures including freezing, cutting and staining specimens and preparing outstanding frozen section slides
- Accessioning specimens, specimen processing and microtomy techniques, paraffin, frozen
- Technical staining procedures: routine Hematoxylin and Eosin, special stains, immunohistochemical stains
- Participates in on call or weekend rotation as needed (rare)
- Proficiency with frozen and permanent section processing
- Maintain logs
- Maintain, clean and repair equipment/instruments
- Prepare media, chemicals, reagents and solutions
Location/Region: Johnson City, TN (37604)